First issues first: Jaromir Jagr and Marian Hossa, each of whom are nonetheless thought-about “active” NHL gamers, weren’t included in this train.
Jagr’s NHL tenure successfully got here to an finish in Calgary this season, and he returned to his native Czech Republic to shut out his superlative profession. If he had been included, the 46-year-old mullet aficionado would simply rank first amongst energetic gamers in profession playoff objectives (75) and factors (201). Hossa, in the meantime, hasn’t retired however seems unlikely to swimsuit up in the NHL once more after sitting out this season on account of unintended effects of medicine to deal with a pores and skin dysfunction. If he had been included, the 39-year-old would rank sixth amongst energetic gamers in profession playoff objectives (47) and fourth in factors (149).
OK, that is sufficient about previous guys who aren’t included. Let’s check out who is included among the many NHL’s prime 10 energetic leaders in playoff objectives, factors, factors by defensemen, goalie wins and shutouts.
(Note: Statistics are by way of video games performed April 13, 2018.)
|Top 10 energetic gamers: CAREER PLAYOFF POINTS||GP||Points|
|1. Sidney Crosby, Pit||150||167|
|2. Evgeni Malkin, Pit||151||158|
|T-Three. Patrick Kane, Chi||127||123|
|T-Three. Joe Thornton, SJ||160||123|
|T-5. Patrick Marleau, Tor||178||120|
|T-5. Henrik Zetterberg, Det||137||120|
|7. Ryan Getzlaf, Ana||122||118|
|eight. Jonathan Toews, Chi||128||110|
|9. Justin Williams, Car||140||94|
|10. Chris Kunitz, TB||162||92|
– Crosby and Malkin sit 1-2 in playoff factors amongst energetic NHL gamers, with an enormous cushion over all people else. They’re each on the cusp of the highest 20 all-time and will transfer up into the highest 5 earlier than all is alleged and finished.
– Marleau is listed with Toronto, however all of his playoff factors (to date) come from his 19-season stint in San Jose.
– Four of the 10 gamers listed above (Kane, Zetterberg, Toews, Williams) did not qualify for the playoffs this yr. Here are the following highest-scoring energetic NHLers who made it into the post-season: Washington’s Alex Ovechkin (98 playoff GP, 90 factors), Anaheim’s Corey Perry (115 playoff GP, 89 factors), San Jose’s Joe Pavelski (112 playoff GP, 85 factors), Boston’s David Krejci (97 playoff GP, 79 factors) and Philadelphia’s Valtteri Filppula (154 playoff GP, 79 factors).
– Top 5 all-time leaders: Wayne Gretzky holds the NHL document with 382 playoff factors, adopted by Mark Messier (295), Jari Kurri (233), Glenn Anderson (214) and Jagr (201).
|Top 10 energetic gamers: CAREER PLAYOFF GOALS||GP||Goals|
|1. Patrick Marleau, Tor||178||68|
|2. Sidney Crosby, Pit||150||60|
|Three. Evgeni Malkin, Pit||151||59|
|Four. Henrik Zetterberg, Det||137||57|
|5. Patrick Kane, Chi||127||50|
|6. Alex Ovechkin, Wsh||98||46|
|7. Joe Pavelski, SJ||112||42|
|eight. Jonathan Toews, Chi||128||40|
|9. Jeff Carter, LA||118||39|
|10. Ryan Getzlaf, Ana||122||37|
– Marleau has practically a 10-goal bulge over second- and third-place Crosby and Malkin, albeit in about 30 extra playoff video games.
– Ovechkin, the one participant with fewer than 100 playoff video games to crack the highest 10, comes in sixth.
– Three of the 10 gamers listed above (Zetterberg, Kane, Toews) did not qualify for the playoffs this yr. Here are the three subsequent highest goal-scoring NHLers who made it into the post-season: Perry (115 playoff GP, 36 objectives), Minnesota’s Zach Parise (96 playoff GP, 34 objectives) and Boston’s Brian Gionta (112 playoff GP, 32 objectives).
– Top 5 all-time leaders: Gretzky holds the NHL document with 122 playoff objectives, adopted by Messier (109), Kurri (106), Brett Hull (103) and Anderson (93).
|Top 10 energetic defensemen: CAREER PLAYOFF POINTS||GP||Points|
|1. Duncan Keith, Chi||126||81|
|2. Kris Letang, Pit||118||69|
|Three. Zdeno Chara, Bos||148||60|
|Four. Brent Seabrook, Chi||123||59|
|5. Drew Doughty, LA||82||51|
|6. P.Okay. Subban, Nsh||78||50|
|7. Niklas Kronwall, Det||109||47|
|eight. Paul Martin, SJ||116||46|
|9. Ryan McDonagh, TB||97||42|
|10. Brent Burns, SJ||65||40|
– It’s superb that Letang’s second-place complete does not embrace a single level from Pittsburgh’s run to the Stanley Cup final yr, as he missed the whole 2017 playoffs on account of a neck harm. If the Penguins make a cost at a 3rd straight Cup this spring, Letang has an opportunity to leapfrog Keith for prime spot.
– Doughty, Subban and Burns seem poised to climb the record in the approaching seasons.
– Three of the 10 defensemen listed above (Keith, Seabrook, Kronwall) did not qualify for the playoffs this yr. Here are the three subsequent highest-scoring defensemen who made it into the post-season: Anaheim’s Francois Beauchemin (98 playoff GP, 39 factors), Washington’s John Carlson (77 playoff GP, 38 factors) and Tampa Bay’s Victor Hedman (66 playoff GP, 37 factors).
– Top 5 all-time leaders: Paul Coffey holds the NHL defenseman document with 196 playoff factors, adopted by Nicklas Lidstrom (183), Ray Bourque (180), Denis Potvin (164) and Al MacInnis (160).
|Top 10 energetic goalies: CAREER PLAYOFF WINS||GP||Wins|
|1. Marc-Andre Fleury, Veg||117||64|
|2. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR||128||61|
|Three. Corey Crawford, Chi||87||48|
|Four. Jonathan Quick, LA||83||46|
|5. Pekka Rinne, Nsh||71||37|
|6. Antti Niemi, Mtl||67||36|
|7. Roberto Luongo, Fla||70||34|
|eight. Tuukka Rask, Bos||54||31|
|9. Braden Holtby, Wsh||59||29|
|10. Ryan Miller, Ana||56||28|
– Fleury has gained 62 playoff video games with Pittsburgh, two (and counting) with Vegas.
– Four of the 10 goalies listed above (Lundqvist, Crawford, Niemi, Luongo) did not qualify for the playoffs this yr. Here are the following 4 goalies with probably the most playoff wins who made it into the post-season: Pittsburgh’s Matt Murray (34 playoff GP, 23 wins), Toronto’s Frederik Andersen (35 playoff GP, 19 wins), San Jose’s Martin Jones (33 playoff GP, 17 wins) and Philadelphia’s Brian Elliott (43 playoff GP, 16 wins).
– Top 5 all-time leaders: Patrick Roy holds the NHL document with 151 playoff wins, adopted by Martin Brodeur (113), Grant Fuhr (92), Billy Smith (88) and Ed Belfour (88).
|Top 10 energetic goalies: CAREER PLAYOFF SHUTOUTS||GP||Shutouts|
|1. Marc-Andre Fleury, Veg||117||11|
|2. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR||128||10|
|Three. Jonathan Quick, LA||83||9|
|T-Four. Martin Jones, SJ||33||5|
|T-Four. Matt Murray, Pit||34||5|
|T-Four. Ben Bishop, Dal||36||5|
|T-Four. Tuukka Rask, Bos||54||5|
|T-Four. Carey Price, Mtl||60||5|
|T-Four. Roberto Luongo, Fla||70||5|
|T-Four. Corey Crawford, Chi||87||5|
– It’s Fleury, Lundqvist and Quick, after which all people else. Murray and Jones, with 5 clear sheets apiece, seem to have probably the most upward mobility.
– Five of the 10 goalies listed above (Lundqvist, Bishop, Price, Luongo, Crawford) did not qualify for the playoffs this yr. Here are the following 5 goalies with probably the most playoff shutouts who made it into the post-season: Holtby (59 playoff GP, 4 shutouts), Miller (56 playoff GP, three shutouts), Rinne (71 playoff GP, three shutouts), Philadelphia’s Michal Neuvirth (13 playoff GP, two shutouts) and Andersen (35 playoff GP, two shutouts).
– Top 5 all-time leaders: Brodeur holds the NHL document with 24 playoff shutouts, adopted by Roy (23), Curtis Joseph (16), Chris Osgood (15) and Clint Benedict (15).